Grab rail fitted in the shower

Aids and adaptations in your home

If a resident requires aids and adaptations to their home, we will work with the local council and health authorities to find the most appropriate solution to meet their needs. 

Disabled Facility Grant

Adaptations may be funded by a Disabled Facility Grant from the relevant local authority. Residents should contact an occupational therapist. We will need confirmation from the occupational therapist of how the adaptation will benefit them. We will also need details of the proposed work to assess whether this may have a detrimental impact on the building before giving final permission for the work to proceed.

If a resident needs a small, minor adaptation, such as grab rails, this may be carried out as part of our repairs budget. For Leaseholders we can provide a quotation for our property maintenance team to carry out small minor adaptations.

For further details please see our Aids and adaptations to my home factsheet

Homes England
Regulator of social housing
Blue skies consortium
Dementia Action Alliance
Housing Ombudsman Service
Lincs Independent Living Partnership
National Housing Federation